General Motors Brazil
Intricate problems solved with TRIZ and Robust Engineering.
Working for nearly five years in the implementation of Robust Engineering and TRIZ, Qualiplus trained approximately 500 engineers from GM and supported the implementation of more than 50 cases, in which complex engineering problems were solved. Here are some examples:
- The application of Robust Engineering allowed the implementation of a laser weld process for the production of prototype cars, in record time.
- Using Robust Engineering, during only two weeks, they had achieved an increase of 84% in the efficiency of an air filter. It represented a durability improvement from 9 to 34 km in an accelerated test under extreme dust conditions.
- Using TRIZ, they solved in just 12 hours a problem in a fuel meter that was causing US$ 300,000.00 in annual warranty costs. They achieved an average increase of 69% in the resistance to mechanical effort without increasing the cost.
Volvo Trucks Brazil
High impact case using Robust Engineering, Thinking Process and TRIZ.
In addition to the application of "Thinking Process" (TOC), which worked on the reduction of costs, and TRIZ, for solving technical problems, the factory implemented Robust Engineering in the optimization of many parts and productive processes, such as: innovation of the cabin painting process - with important reduction in the costs and generation of residues, besides the reduction of the cycle time; reduction of energy consumption and quality improvement of the manual and automatic welding operations, among other successful cases.
"The alliance between Volvo Trucks Brazil and Qualiplus – since 2001 - in the analysis and implementation of cases of Robust Engineering, TOC and other methods, generated excellent results not only in quality and customer satisfaction, but also considerable financial profits and productivity. With the application of Robust Engineering, Volvo Brazil became a worldwide reference inside the Volvo Group."
Electrodomestic manufacturer (market leader in Brazil)
- Applying Robust Engineering, a problem in the manufacturing of a critical plastic piece was solved in six months, without increase of cost nor investment.
- Reduction of approximately 3 million dollars in the annual warranty cost.
- Reduction of 76% in the customer complaints indicator.